Tastidian is an incredibly powerful shadowling who becomes the commanding general of the Shadowling Queen's army. Under Tastidian's orders, Noctus kidnaps the Hero's little brother, David. In exchange for David's freedom, the Hero agrees to be Tastidian's slave for three years.
As the Hero's master, Tastidian sends his slave on a series of missions. Free of enslavement later in the story, the Hero can choose to turn against the Shadowling Empire and fight Tastidian and his queen.
Shockwave (Range: 1-2 Omnidirectional diamond, Damage: 25)
Tastidian can be defeated near the end of TRPG2. He attacks with a Shockwave attack that hits all nearby units, though it does not harm enemies. While he may appear at first to have 999 health, he is in fact concealing his true health from the Hero. Deal enough damage and he will fall. Be sure to deal damage consistently, however, for he regenerates health each turn.
"I am Tastidian, High Commander of Her Majesty's Army."
"Awaken. The time for your service is at hand."
"I cannot. All of us are slaves to something. You, to your conscience. Me, to my duty. I hope the afterlife is kind to you."
"It was very bold of you to do what you did little fleshing. You wilingness to risk your life for that of your sibling was admirable, in a way. But it was also quite foolish."
"Shocked into silence? Or are you merely frightened? Do not look surprised. You walked uninvited into my camp and now I am here in your room."
- Craig Stern voices Tastidian in the TRPG2 intro.
- Tastidian's abilities are hidden from the Hero, because he is simply too skilled at deflecting scans for the Hero to penetrate his defenses.
- Festus and Tastidian become old friends after serving in the army together.
- Tastidian has naturally grown horns, a trait shared between him and General Darkeye.
- Tastidian is a different color due to his unknown age.
- If The Hero engages in battle with Flavin and wins, Tastidian will use slave bracelet to punish him.
- This will happen even after the hero gets a rid of the bracelet in The Psy Academy, very likely being a developer's miscalculation.
- Canonically Tastidian dies, while trying to stop The Hero from assasinating The Shadowling Queen.