|Health||22 + Psy Defense x2|
|PsP||7 + Psy Defense + Psy Power|
Niven appears in Telepath RPG Chapter 2.
Background[edit | edit source]
Involvement[edit | edit source]
In the beginning of the game, Niven asks the Hero to help him with target practice for 5 gold each, but he damages them for 2-6 damage. Later, he can be recruited by the Hero by either being persuaded to because "Everybody loves a war hero" (Requires high enough Personality) or by being paid 200 gold.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Niven has an interesting knife ability later on, Trick Shot. This allows him to give room for distance attackers, while still damaging enemies. It hits the enemy 2 squares forward and one to the right. It's also noticeably cheaper to make Niven's attacks more powerful, because both strength and psy power are added into the damage.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"When the Queen has blessed you with a talent like mine, you can't just go not sharing it with people!"
"These wars... they make certain individuals in the city very rich. But not Niven The knife-thrower, I'm afraid. I'm a peaceful soul."
"Well, if it isn't the rude little human from before. We have nothing to say to one another."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Niven has a unique throwing style, which is sideways. It proves that this style never misses.
- Before completing mission 1, the player can get some gold off Niven by acting as a target for him to practice his "excellent" knife throwing skills. Every time he throws a knife he hits the Hero (for 2 to 6 damage), thus below is a list of excuses Niven uses to explain his bad aim:
- "Oh no, I'm so sorry! Someone Contacted me just as I was releasing the knife. Let's try again."
- "Oh, drat! My apologies. It won't happen again."
- "Oh dear! That must have been a bad knife. It's all a matter of aerodynamics, you see, and a bad knife will go places it isn't invited."
- " Oh, I'm so sorry! I really had to sneeze suddenly, and it totally threw off my reflexes. It won't happen again."
- "Goodness, I must be having an off day. I just need one more do-over."
- "Oh, I'm so sorry! Let's try that again."
- "Didn't you hear that? I thought I just heard someone yell 'fire'. It was very distracting. I'm sorry for hitting you. Let's try once more."